19 Jun 2008

the future lOOks bright

I am a temporary entity again!!! I seem to have gotten a little bit side tracked. What with accepting that stupid job and everything. What was I thinking? To be honest, it all came down to the fact that I could WALK to work everyday and avoid the infuriating chaos that is any form of public transport here in Londontown.


I am quite lucky that the school asked me to stay on after my position ended (actually I am lucky that two of the original PPA covers decided to go home to Australia at the exact moment I would have to begin day to day supply work again).


So now I am in search of a position for next year. And to all those people I told I was most definitely going to get a job at my school in September (seeing as 6 people are leaving), I say, please remember that 'assume' makes an ass out of you and me my friends.


Which leads me to the inevitable round of interviews. Or as I like to call it Round 5 in the battle against low self esteem. I went to an interview this week that actually left me physically exhausted (by 11am). You put your whole bloody self out there to get scrutinized and picked apart and then when they call and say 'Sorry you just don't have enough experience', you can't help feel its a form of the 'Its not you, its me' excuse. Rejection is not easy, no matter how it comes at you.


Luckily though I've had plenty to keep myself occupied during the whole process. After pulling my hair out last November participating in a pilot project for marking the national curriculum tests, I decided I enjoyed the pain (money) enough to do it again. I can smile now and talk rationally about it because I only have about 10 left to go (out of 350).


Here are some of my favourite bits...(it can't be illegal if I don't include names, can it??). This is the future of England...(I'm getting out as soon as I can...).




I really, really wanted to give this kid marks. Come on, what a kick ass answer!



Perhaps I should add that these were part of the KS3 tests, that is middle of high school over here. Mmmhhhmm. That's right.

1 comment:

http://seenonflickr.wordpress.com/ said...

Awwww, but the pictoral representation of Much Ado About Nothing is quite awesome! Hee.